Activities at New Dawn Memory Care
Our Healthy Living Life Enrichment program guides our activity directors in creating an approach to the monthly activities and events that focuses on the health of the body, mind, and spirit of each of our individual residents and guests. Enjoy the following activities, and many more, as a part of the New Dawn Memory Care lifestyle.
There is no better way to get to know our community than to experience our lifestyle firsthand. Get to know the New Dawn Memory Care lifestyle by participating in one of our community events!
Sign up today to be the first to know about our upcoming happenings.
Activities for a Healthy Body:
- Strength and Balance Classes: Develop your strength and practice balance in our physical fitness classes designed to improve agility and stamina in seniors.
- Walk Club: Join us for a stroll around the community and on local excursions. Walking is an effective, low-impact physical activity that promotes good health. Plus, it is a lot of fun to do as a part of our Walk Club!
- Modified Yoga Classes: Our Chair Yoga is an exercise developed to help strengthen the body and calm the spirit. The seated position and changeable programs allow for all ages and abilities to enjoy these classes.
- Cooking Club: Join our Cooking Club to continue enjoying a past love of cooking, or to discover a newfound love of the culinary world. While we don’t always feature healthy dishes in our club – sometimes we just need to make tasty baked sweets – we believe that a healthy relationship with food can begin in the cooking process!
Activities for a Sharp Mind:
- Discussion Clubs: There is nothing like a good talk about a favorite book, current events, or historical happenings for keeping the mind engaged. We have a variety of discussion clubs available to residents that may include book club, men’s club, women’s club, crafting club, and more. Our club opportunities change at our residents' request. Many of our most popular clubs came out of resident requests and leadership!
- Game Nights: Keep your mind sharp by participating in our many activities that are focused on brain-engaging games such as trivia, puzzles, and board games.
- Guest Lectures & Support Groups: Some of our favorite activities to produce are those that invite guests into our community to share their expertise, support those in need, or provide a much needed service to our residents and local community members. Enjoy guest lecturers, support groups, wellness clinics, and more as a part of the New Dawn Memory Care community.
- Our It’s Never 2 Late computer center: With touch-screen technology and resident personalization options, the It's Never 2 Late center offers a variety of activities to stimulate the mind, including games and a variety of brain exercises.
Activities for a Happy Spirit:
- Live Entertainment: Toe-tapping music is never far when you are a resident at New Dawn Memory Care. Our residents have made it clear that they enjoy regular live entertainment. We’ve seen everything from classical guitar, to jazz piano, to karaoke evenings.
- Art Classes: Creativity abounds among the residents at New Dawn Memory Care! Regular art classes and crafting opportunities give our residents the opportunity to flex their creative muscles on a continuous basis. Residents enjoy craft and building projects, as well as classes and groups for painting, sewing, crocheting, and more.
- Special Events: Friendship and fellowship are two big benefits of being a part of a residential community. New Dawn Memory Care hosts a variety of special events throughout the year that brings our community members together with family, friends, and new faces. Come join us in celebrating the season, upcoming holidays, birthdays, and more.
- Bible Study, Worship, & Fellowship: We recognize that many of our residents enjoy a spiritual relationship that includes regular study and worship. Regularly scheduled worship, bible study, and fellowship opportunities are available at our community.